Of Secret and Hidden Things
1. What about you is heroic?
*There might not be a lot of heroism in what I do. But I’m part of a heroic cause that helps those who can’t help themselves, and I take pride in that.
2. What about you is social? What do you like about people?
*I find beauty in people working together to accomplish an honest goal. That said, I do believe that the ends justify the means.
*I’m not overly wordy, but I’m always looking for clues or inconsistencies in the stories of conspicuous people.
3. Of what benefit could you be to the current group?
*I can get inside the heads of my foes to make them clay in my hands, or strike them down with my sword if the clay dries…
4. Why would you choose to join the current group?
*I have abilities they could put to use and I want to use my power for their purpose.
5. Invent an adventure/plot that your character would actively undertake (as opposed to just tagging along)?
*The Inquisitor’s Guild has taken a prisoner who is keeping deadly secrets and they need someone to drive splinters in their fingernails. I’ll use any means necessary, violent or not, to uphold the order of the guild.
6. Is an ounce of prevention really worth a pound of cure? Which is more valuable? Why do you feel this way?
*As an Inquisitor, I use my words and tactics as prevention. But when things get out of hand, I have my sword as the cure. They’re equally important; without one, you’ll always need more of the other.
7. How private of a person are you? Why?
*Having a loose tongue is only rewarding to whores. My job is to get information, not divulge it. However, I trust my associates with my life so I’m as open as I need to be with them.
8. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
*The future is forever uncertain. We each have to do what we can to help shape it. No matter the effort things seem to even out, so we have to try harder to achieve it.
9. Are you a better leader or follower? Why do you think that? If you think the whole leader-follower archetype is a crock of shit, say so, and explain why?
*The system is important. I can easily intimidate, but that’s not necessarily a trait of a good leader. When it comes time to rally the troops, there’s someone better suited for that… All parts are important.
10. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
*Crying lowers visibility in a battle, so I tend not to do it. I’ve never cried.